Well we don't have much new going on so I figured it would be a good time to bolg about the dog. Belle joined our family while we were living in Houston last September. We had recently decided that we were going to stay in Texas for another year and I told Ike that I wanted a dog to help distract from the homesickness and it worked like a charm. I went down to the Houston shelter one day and there she was with the sadest face you have ever seen( she is a master at it and gets the things she wants alot). She had been in there longer then any other dog I saw so I think she was probably close to being put to sleep. I took her home and when Ike got home from work she barked at him. He had no idea I had gotten her. What a surprise. From the very begining she was very well behaved. I didn't train her at all, she just knew. We love having her around and Ike loves teaching her tricks. So far she knows: sit, stay, lay down, roll over, up, shake, and Ike's favorite she knows high 5. She is just getting stand which is cool. She loves being in the car and is just fine with moving, in fact she packs herself in(see picture above). Well I think I have gone on long enough. So to sum everything up, we love our dog and can't wait to give her a back yard some day soon.
Wednesday, August 27, 2008
The Belle Dog
Well we don't have much new going on so I figured it would be a good time to bolg about the dog. Belle joined our family while we were living in Houston last September. We had recently decided that we were going to stay in Texas for another year and I told Ike that I wanted a dog to help distract from the homesickness and it worked like a charm. I went down to the Houston shelter one day and there she was with the sadest face you have ever seen( she is a master at it and gets the things she wants alot). She had been in there longer then any other dog I saw so I think she was probably close to being put to sleep. I took her home and when Ike got home from work she barked at him. He had no idea I had gotten her. What a surprise. From the very begining she was very well behaved. I didn't train her at all, she just knew. We love having her around and Ike loves teaching her tricks. So far she knows: sit, stay, lay down, roll over, up, shake, and Ike's favorite she knows high 5. She is just getting stand which is cool. She loves being in the car and is just fine with moving, in fact she packs herself in(see picture above). Well I think I have gone on long enough. So to sum everything up, we love our dog and can't wait to give her a back yard some day soon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment