So while I was in the hospital, I had a tooth that started to really hurt. I had lost a filling in it a couple years ago, but it had never given me troubles until recently not to mention that we have moved so much that I never wanted to actually find a dentist. Well the pain wasn't too bad, but I was on pain meds for having Braydn. Once I got home it started hurting pretty good so I found a dentist and made an appointment. Turns out that I had to have 2 root canals done and I told them that I had just had a baby so they pushed to get it all done really fast for me so that I could get home to him. The whole time I was just thinking about Braydn, hoping that he would take a bottle and hoping he had enough to get him by until I got home. Luckily he didn't have any problems and he finished his bottle just before I came home. Yey!!
Some people might think I am crazy, but now i have turned down 2 prescriptions for Percocet in the last 2 weeks. In the hospital the ibuprofen was great so I didn't take the Percocet and then the dental assistant looked at me like I was crazy when I told her I didn't want it and that I would just get it if I needed something stronger.
Oh and by the way to anyone who is pregnant or planing on it or just had a baby, the dentist told me something I didn't know. Pregnancy can kill your teeth because your body will take from anywhere to help grow the little one. They said that they have a lot of women come in needing things done due to pregnancy. So just a heads up. It's no fun having to go to the dentist just after having a baby.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I just have to tell you that I had only had one cavity before having kids. After Griffin I had 6 cavities and after Gavin I had a root canal... they really take it out of you!!
Post a Comment