Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Braydn Ray Whitehorn


"The fun has arrived!!" Braydn was born on Sunday May 17th at 1:57pm. I am happy to report that everything went very smoothly and both Mom and baby are doing great. On Saturday night after Ike and I went to bed, I just couldn't sleep so I went into Braydn's room and started organizing the things for him that needed to go to the hospital and unpacked some things that were still in bags. I finally went to sleep about 12:30 and woke up feeling contractions at 2 am. They weren't too bad so I kept it quiet and let Ike sleep for a couple more hours. I had a stronger contraction and moaned a bit and thats when Ike asked if I was ok and I told him "Hold On" which was when he woke up enough to figure out what was going on. So he got up all excited and started packing the bags for the hospital(no it wasn't done yet, we are slackers). We waited until my contractions were 3-4 minutes apart and getting pretty strong and then left for the hospital. We got there around 6:30am and he arrived at 2. We are so excited to have our little guy home with us!! He is such a good baby and very strong. He hardly ever cries which I find amazing. When he needs something he just coos and moans a bit. This morning he did 2 things he shouldn't be able to do yet. He was laying on my chest and he picked his head up and just looked at me for around 30 seconds just holding his own head up. Then this morning my mom (who is wonderful and staying with us for a few days to help out) put him in his crib on his back and he rolled over onto his side by himself. He is only 2 days old, how can he do that? We are loving this experience and feel so blessed. What a miracle babies are. I think we have decided that he looks more like Ike, but we aren't quite sure on that. As far as mom goes, I don't have very much pain at all. I had a bad hour or so in the hospital when I was nauseous and couldn't swallow my pain meds and then the pharmacy was out of stock on the IV med they had ordered, but after that I've been great. Well he finally decided to wake up and eat so thats it for now, but I'm sure I will have more stories later.

8 comments:

Trista said...

Holli,being a mom is so amazing. I am so excited for you guys. He sure is a doll and I am so happy to hear you doing good. I am so excited to hear more about him!

Mel Bernard said...

That put tears in my eyes- my little sister is a mom!!!
I am SO happy to hear that everything is going good. I can't wait to cuddle and kiss him. Congrats!!!

mom o said...

Congrats!!!!!!!I have been waiting for the news. I'm happy that all is well and that you have made it home where you can really begin enjoying your new life. He is a cutie. Give him a big kiss from me.
Love you

Kristen Weller said...

Hooray! What a lucky kid to have you guys as parents! Congrats!

Lace and Joe said...

YEY!!!! He is the cutest baby ever! I can't wait to get home to see him. I can't believe he could hold his head up for that long. Thats awesome.

Krista said...

Congrats. I'm so happy that everything went well. They truly are little miracles. Cherish every moment, they grow up so fast. Can't wait to see him.

Necia and Joe Shumway said...

I am so happy for you!!! He's so adorable! I can't believe we are all parents now! Crazy how time flies huh? Love you guys!!!

we are a happy family said...

that is so awesome I am glad that he is here.I love all three of you.