Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Ethyn Rayne Whitehorn

 Well I am going to attempt to work on this blog again. Last Friday we had the wonderful blessing of welcoming Ethyn Rayne Whitehorn into our family. He was 7 lbs 5 oz and 19 inches long. He came out with tons of dark hair and looks like his Mama. I got induced with him, but I think that he would have come on his own that day or the next regardless. Once they started the Oxytosin, I was only in labor for 3 hours before he came. In fact my epidural didn't even end up getting the pump on it because the anesthesiologist was so busy that he only had time to give me the initial dose which only lasts about 1½ hours, but I didn't need more then that.☺ He is such a big eater. He wants to eat every 10 minutes and is not fully content unless he is latched onto Mom. He had a bit of a hard time in the hospital because his blood sugars were low from the get go and had to have a tube shoved down his throat so they could get his tummy full of food. He then had to be poked every time he ate for a while and then every 6 hours after that. The poor kid had so many little poke holes in him that by the time that we took him home he looked like a pin cushion. He is now at home and I am hopeful that he will figure out what is daytime and what is nighttime. So far he has them backwards. But despite keeping me awake all night, he is such a joy to have in our family and it is exciting to see him learn and grow. The next big thing is meeting his big brother. Braydn has been with my mom for a week and so he hasn't met Ethyn yet. He will come home tonight and I hope it all goes well.

No comments: