Tuesday, February 3, 2009

The fat comment

So I have decided that in my stage in life, being "fat" isn't a bad thing at all. Most people think it is a rude comment, and usually it is, but I love it. Ike LOVES to say things like "let me see your fat tummy" and "hi fat bellied girl" and I love it. I personally think it is a nuturing and happy thing for him to say to me and it is not in the least bit offensive, nor is it meant to be. Just to make fun of some people in the world, ocassionally I will put on some of my smaller clothes and ask Ike if they make me look fat and he proudly anounces that Yes, it does make me look fat and then I just laugh at him. The other day Ike and I were at his dads house. He was rubbing my tummy and said to his dad, "isn't my fat tummy cute" (of coarse he was refering to my tummy, but you know how it is. Whats your is mine and whats mine is mine, or something like that) and his dad looked up at me with just a little bit of terror in his eyes and said "no I see a cute pregnant tummy, not a fat one" and I just laughed at him and said "no its fat" and I'm proud of it. So soon I will post some pics of my growing tummy and if you want to call me fat, then go right ahead. I love getting bigger, I think it's fun (even though it hurts my back sometimes). Okay I think I will get off my soap box now.

2 comments:

Jon & Marissa Whitehorn said...

YAY!! Go Holli! hahahahaha!

LauraBro said...

Holli---I didn't know! how fun! congrats!!!! a million times--I am sooo excited for you- a little Ike!! I can't wait to see your growing belly--ya if there's any advice I'd give to pregnant ladies (which sounds like you aer already doing) is to LOVE your body--that little one is a miracle! and is a blessing and your growing belly is so beautiful--becuase you are going to bet to be a MOTHER!!! post some pics! I'm glad you haven't been sick--luckY