Thursday, November 6, 2008

Home and Halloween

Well we are completely excited because we finally are home!! We made it to my mom's house last Thursday (yeah I know I'm slow at posting this). Nothing to terrible went wrong on the way, thank heavens, but we did have on little incident. We just slept in the cars rather then getting a hotel and Ike slept funny on his knee and poped it out of place. Then, since we have 2 vehicles, we both had to drive and he had to put pressure on that knee for 10 more hours. Needless to say, we had to put off unloading our stuff because he couldn't really walk very well the next few days. Luckily, his brother Joe and Lace came down to help us unload so Ike could stay off it as much as possible, given that we are talking about my husband that HATES to just lay there and do nothing.
So we stayed down there till Sunday and spent Halloween with my mom. That was fun. Lace and I went to her trunk or treat and got to see all the fun costumes and later that night my mom got a call from the person see works with, asking if we wanted to go to the Haunted Forest. The boys didn't want to, but Lace, Mom, and I did. So we met up with another group and went. It was kinda suprising to me that my mom wanted to go, but it was a blast. We had a few girls in our group that were pretty scared and my mom was in front of them so at one quiet point, my mom took off her witches wig and hung it on a branch and screamed out like something had gotten her. So the girl behind her got this big black wig in her face and it was really dark so you couldn't tell what it was. It was hillarious!! Good one Mom.
One Saturday we had a family get together and it was great to see everyone. Jason and Krista and Mel and Bry came over and we had dinner and played games. Those are some of the best times. Well I can't think of anything else to report for now.

2 comments:

Mel Bernard said...

We are SO happy you are home too and I can't wait to see lots more of you!!! I had fun playing games that night too- love it!!!

Necia and Joe Shumway said...

yay welcome home!!!! That really sucks about Ike's knee! Hope it's better now!!!