Friday, October 10, 2008

Happy Birthday Ike!!



Ike turned 27 on Oct. 6. We were kind of joking around because we thought that it was funny because he is only a few years off his 30's and I am only a few year into my 20's, even though he is only 4 years older then me it was still kinda funny when put in that light. Anyway, we both had to work on his birthday. I had to work until 5 and he had to go to work around 4ish so we just missed each other. I guess it's just how things go sometimes. He got home around 9:00 and I made him a nice dinner and birthday cake. Then I got a cute idea from my sister (Thanks Mel!). She had put on her blog 100 things that she loved about her husband and I thought that was a great idea for a birthday project. I wrote up my list and then cut them into little strips and put one in each balloon that was scattered around our bedroom. I didn't get quite finished by the time he got home so he didn't have to pop the balloons for some of them, but it was really good to see him smile. Oh and I got him a drill. Thats my way of making sure that he will be able to do all the projects that I'm sure I will come up with once we find our home :P


3 comments:

Mel Bernard said...

What a cute wife you are!! I bet Ike LOVED that- that was fun and creative (and a lot of work)

Necia and Joe Shumway said...

YAY happy birthday to Ike!!!
You are such a cute little wifey!!!

we are a happy family said...

that is so fun. you two have such a fun life together doing such cute little things for each other. I miss you and can't wait to see you on halloween.