Wednesday, September 10, 2008

This week in Texas

Well this week it seems has been an interesting one with the potential to get a lot more interesting. Last weekend we were able to go visit Granny and Pa (Ike's grandparents) which is always interesting and fun. Ike's dad was also visiting then which made it even better. It's always nice to just relax. Then the week started and work has been absolutely crazy for both of us. I had to stay at work an extra 2 hours yesterday just because I simply couldn't leave because it was that busy and we were short handed. Ike has been driving back and forth up north almost to Austin everyday and driving around San Antonio with lots of installs. He is happy to be busy but at the same time he will also be very glad to have a normal hourly job when we get home without so much driving.

The potential for more interesting things comes at the end of the week with all these weather forcasts with Hurricane Ike (random enough that we would be here for this hurricane). As I am sure you all have seen on the news, the storm is headed our way and although we are about 2 hours inland (i think), we are still likely to see a HUGE storm with the chance for some tornados (yikes!) We also are taking in a lot of the evacuees from Corpus Christi so we will have people everywhere. Even alot of the schools have closed for this week to make room for people. So we hope that we aren't in the middle of the action and I guess i'll have to post if we are.

3 comments:

Jon & Marissa Whitehorn said...

Wow that sounds like an exciting week! I just thought I would let you know about what is happening with Midnight Sun Edward's Story. Stephenie Meyer is not going to finish it. One of her drafts that she let a friend read was posted online illegally. So now she decided that she is going to post the draft on her website www.stepheniemeyer.com and not finish the book. It's sad. The draft id really good and would have been a fantastic ending to the series. She has also given an explaintion on why whe isn't going to finish it. Just look under Midnight Sun.

mom o said...

I hope that you ride out the storm alright. I know that the storms that hit different parts of the country are a lot worse than what we have here in Utah. I will be thinking about you this weekend. You will have to post about your experiences though. Love you

Kristen Weller said...

Hopefully you guys survived the hurricane! By the way, I think it is awesome that this one was named Ike. Don't know why...